Rethinking Space for Art & Community Development -Tonight!
July 27, 2010 § Leave a comment
July 27th, 2010
Shunpike Arts Leadership Lab (ALL)
Creative Conversations – 7/27 | 6-8:30pm
Rethinking Space for Art & Community Development
Join Arts Leadership Lab for a panel discussion with some of Seattle’s most distinguished arts leaders at Canoe Social Club at Theatre off Jackson (409 7th Ave. S, Seattle, WA).
Following a short lead-in film, the panel discussion will ask: How can the arts help drive community development in an equitable way? How do we best utilize the arts and Seattle’s creative resources to build more engaged neighborhood communities? This event is co-sponsored by Great City, a strategic urban advocacy group that believes smart and responsible urbanism is the solution to many of our social, economic, and environmental challenges.
KUOW’s Marcie Sillman will be moderating five panelists:
– Cassie Chinn – Deputy Executive Director, The Wing (Wing Luke Asian Museum)
– Sara Edwards – Interim Cultural Use Project Director/4Culture Staff Liaison for Historic Seattle’s Washington Hall
– Randy Engstrom – Founding Director, Youngstown Cultural Arts Center; Seattle Arts Commissioner
– K. Wyking Garrett – Director, Hip-Hop Youth Summit/OmojaFest P.E.A.C.E. Center; Seattle Music Commissioner
– Cathryn Vandenbrink – Regional Director, Artspace
Admission is FREE and open to the public. There will be a cash bar in addition to light refreshments.
Tagged: arts leadership lab, artspace, canoe social club, cassie chin, cathryn vandenbrink, community development, great city, hip hop youth summit, k wyking garrett, kuow, marcie stillman, omojafest, randy engstrom, sara edwards, shunpike, space for art, wing luke asian musuem, youngstown cultural arts center